2019 Blue Ridge Parkway
Calendar Photo Contest
RaysWeather.Com has sponsored a photo contest and a calendar featuring photos from our forecast region for the past thirteen years. As has been the case for the past five years, the 2019 Calendar Photo Contest solicits photographs the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway (from Waynesboro VA to Cherokee NC and everything in between). A portion of the profit from the calendars will be donated to the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation.
The photo contest is open for submissions until March 26, 2018. We're looking for the best, most unique photos capturing the beauty, activities, and essence of the Blue Ridge Parkway in all seasons of the year.
Contest Criteria and Process
At the end of the submission period, photos will be screened by the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation and RaysWeather.Com to determine a group of Finalists. These Finalists will be posted on the contest pages for one week to solicit your votes (in early April). Based on the voting, the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation and RaysWeather.Com will make final decisions regarding winners based on technical quality, uniqueness, and producing a calendar of highest quality with appropriate diversity of geography, activities, scenes, flora, fauna, etc. Because of the calendar layout, winning photos will be printed 12" wide and 10" tall; so, photos must be appropriate for printing in that size and orientation. We will announce winners by late-April.
The Grand Prize Winner (selected for the calendar cover) will receive a $200 RaysMarketplace.com gift certificate and a $200 cash prize. Additionally, three photos per season will be selected for inclusion in the 2019 Calendar; each of these photographers will receive a $100 RaysMarketplace.com gift certificate.
"Best of the Rest" and "Cameo" Photos
In the 2019 Blue Ridge Parkway Calendar, we will continue to use many photos that were not monthly contest winners. We again use many smaller photos in each calendar pages. Last year, the calendar included over 50 photos. These "best of the rest" and "cameo" photos allow us to include more of the great photography we receive.
- Original must be available in at least 2400x1600 pixels (minimum 1MB).
- Images must depict scenes of or from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- All submissions must be made through the calendar submission web pages. Prints, slides, etc. will not be accepted. (However, high quality digital images from prints/slides may be submitted.)
- Limit 3 entries per photographer per category (each season plus FloydFest). Additional entries will NOT be considered.
- The person submitting must be the photographer.
- The photographer grants the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation and RaysWeather.Com rights to use the image in the calendar, RaysWeather.Com websites, and RaysWeather.Com social media sites.
- The photographer must have the specific permission for use of the image from any person recognizable in the photo.
- Employees of RaysWeather.Com or the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation and their families are not eligible.
How to Submit Photos
Please submit your photos under the appropriate category...
Submissions will close March 26, 2018.
Thanks and check back here in late March for the voting.